***** Conference program is now available *****
Welcome to the 2nd Conference on Medical Device Manufacturing 2018 being held in Stuttgart, Germany, on April 17th, 2018.
The MDM Conference 2018 will take place in parallel to the international fair Medtec Europe 2018
The subject of MDM Conference 2018 will be "Medical device manufacturing innovations".
This conference is focusing on innovations for medical device manufacturing. The field is challenged by significant changes in regulatory requirements. There are market transformations to more customized solutions, therapeutic advancements which enable and need new devices but also new processes, which help to advance healthcare.
The selected papers will be gathered in a scientific publication and presented to an international audience of medical and engineering experts collocated with "Medtec Europe" in the conference area west of the Landesmesse Stuttgart.
Here you find the list of proposed paper topics:
Topic 1: Processes & Regulations
Topic 2: Components
- Supply chain of medical device manufacturing
- Regulatory issues with consequences to manufacturing processes
- Quality control in medical device manufacturing
Topic 3: Processes & Materials
- Assembly, bonding, integration e.g of electronics or other functional components
Topic 4: Innovation Support & Network Management
- Manufacturing of customized medical devices
- Manufacturing of polymeric, metal, ceramic or other materials or hybrids
- Process control in machining of orthopedic implants
Topic 5: Free papers
- Local, regional and global supply and manufacturing networks
- Management and optimization of the product life cycle
Topic 6: Young investigators
Innovations related to medical device manufacturing. Students are invited to propose their research study in a special "young investigators" session.